Nigerian passport holders require a visa to travel to Kenya, but rest assured the Kenya visa process is an easy one! Travellers can apply for the Kenyan e-visa for tourists online through eVisa. Once you’ve downloaded your e-visa, simply present it to port officials upon arrival, and you’re all set. Travellers can apply for their Kenya visa a maximum of three months before their date of travel
Types of Kenya Visas
Single-Entry Visa: This e-visa allows you to enter Kenya once. The single-entry visa is for those who want to go to Kenya for business, tourism or medical reasons. It is valid for three months from the date of issue with a stay of up to 30-90 days in Kenya. You can renew the single-entry visa for up to a maximum of six months at the immigration headquarters in Nairobi.
Transit Visa: You’ll need a transit visa for a short stop-over of up to 72 hours.
Note: Your passport should be valid for at least six months beyond the date of return.
The processing time for the visa application is usually between five to fifteen days. These times can vary depending on the type of application submitted, whether the application is complete, and the volume of received applications.
How to Apply
- Click “our eVisa home page
- Select “Kenya visa”
- Read the requirements ”
- Make an application and select “apply now”
- Complete and submit the application form
- Choose your payment method (debit/credit/prepaid card, or bank transfer
- Await approval via email, then download and print the Kenyan e-visa from your Email
Please note: The e-visa processing fee is non-refundable!
Kenya Visa Requirements
- Passport valid for at least six months with at least one blank page for entry stamps
- Passport photo white background